Greece Online Casinos 2023
While searching for a generous and safe online casino Greece – a country still recovering from the financial crisis and debt default – may not seem to be the best option at first glance, but it’s definitely worth considering.
Banned for years, Internet gambling is about to resurrect, especially if the planned legislation updates come into force with no delay. With a chance to become a safe harbor for gamblers, Greece still imposes draconic taxes and fees on gambling venues, and they move offshore in search of less strict conditions. Though not many legal Greek casinos are subjected to the Greek legislation, the field of online gambling is developing and the demand is rising.
To facilitate search, we have shortlisted all the top betting institutions. The list of all online casinos will help you in choosing a reliable, safe, and lucrative online casino. Guided by players’ reviews and personal experience, we’ve streamlined the best offers in online gambling.
Best Online Casino Greece Sites in 2023
|€/$2500 + 250 FS||Read Review||King Billy||6656+||
|100% up to $300 + 150 FS||Read Review||Playamo||6893+||
|$100 + 10 FS||Read Review||Leo Vegas||1180+||
|2 Sweeps Coins||Read Review||Chumba||64+||
|50 Free Spins||Read Review||PlayOJO||4765+||
How We Rate & Review Greece Online Gambling Sites?
For Greece players casino is a way to relieve stress and refill with excitement and joy. When it comes to the choice of an online casino Greece does provide some favorable options, though not all of them are easy to find without preliminary research. In regard to the variety of games in a casino online Greece has no limitations, so you are guaranteed to find the gamble of your dreams! Whether you are looking for a no deposit bonus casino or a high-stakes casino, be sure – all the options from our list comply with the top 10 criteria below.
- License. The ever-changing laws are now aimed at democratizing the field for casinos and Greece gambling sites. All the licensed Greece online gambling sites were approved by the Hellenic Gaming Commission (HGC), which is the only governmental structure entitled to dealing with licensees. HGC not only accredits online Greece casinos but also limits the operation of the blacklisted institutions. In respect to any online casino Greece legal restrictions are quite harsh. However, all the shortlisted Greece online casinos are credible, safe, and licensed, whereas most of them are international casinos that accept Greece players. Since EUR has been an official currency in Greece since 2002, Greek players never have difficulties with depositing funds to the favorite online casino in Greece.
- Casino Games Variety. Top Greece casinos offer a variety of gambling games, as the law applies no restrictions, and in most of them, you can play online with real money and in a free mode. The more games the casino supports the higher it is ranked.
- Reliable Casino Software. The best Greece online casinos are equipped with reliable no-download software, and you don’t have to install anything to play. Be it a PC-oriented or a mobile casino, it guarantees the world-class gambling experience. We have thoroughly checked the top 10 Greece online casinos for bugs and errors and found none. Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech can boast of the smoothest software in the gambling market.
- Jackpots. The availability and the size of Jackpots are one of the paramount criteria for choosing a Greece casino online, especially if you prefer big bets to smaller tentative ones. Typically, casinos with bigger Jackpots placed higher in rankings. The Jackpot size depends on the size/type of the bet as well as the Jackpot type (flat or Progressive).
- Mobile Compatibility. When you search for the best casino in Greece, you must be looking for a mobile-compatible one. The shortlisted casinos provide mobile compatibility for all operating systems. You can download the mobile app or play in the browser. For any modern casino mobile gambling is a rule rather than a privilege.
- Casino Bonuses. Respectable Greece online casinos treat their players with luxurious bonuses, which may vary depending on the season, holiday, promotion, or gambler’s game achievements. Bonuses can grant extra spins, increased winnings, or other gambling perks.
- Convenient Payment Options. Any Greece casino online supports EUR as a payment option, while many casinos allow players to deal with USD and other popular currencies.
- Security Issues. The represented Greece casinos online are safe and secure in both legal aspects and in terms of proper software operation. If you have any security concerns, feel free to contact the casino’s customer support.
- Customer Support. The responsiveness of the support service is what you should pay attention to when selecting a casino Greece online. The support teams of the listed casinos were checked by our team and accounted for the rankings.
- VIP Programs. Live casino dealers online usually treat VIP casino players in a special way. It can be higher winnings, discounts, free spins, or special tournaments for the best players only.
Banking Options for Greece Players
Being a country recovering from the financial crisis, Greece is gradually digitizing its population. However, half the payments in Greece are still made via prepaid cards, while mobile payments grab the quarter of the market, one-tenth of the population pay with credit cards, and almost nobody uses e-wallets as a means of payment (<1%). That said, the Greek gambling field is more advanced, and you can easily find iDEAL casino online or PayPal casino sites. Skim through the typical banking options and find out the casino that suits your preferred method of payment.
- Skrill. Skill is an e-wallet casino free payment system that you can use to send money to mobile wallets and bank accounts. Skrill casino deposit can take up to several days, and you have to complete the verification process to increase your transaction limits.
- Paypal. Though the PayPal payment option was banned in 2015, many leading online casinos accept it. Receiving payments and some other services remain available, but cross-border transactions and sending funds from Greek bank accounts may be unavailable. Before using PayPal, make sure you will not be charged extra fees.
- iDEAL. iDEAL is a Dutch e-commerce payment system that conducts payments via a familiar banking environment. It has low transaction costs, processed immediately, and guaranteed to be completed (the iDeal availability page indicates technical problems when they appear). To make a deposit via iDEAL, you have to complete a pretty standard sequence of internet banking operations. Using iDEAL is available to users who have access to mobile or internet banking of one of the licensed issuers.
- Giropay. iDeal and Giropay payments are popular among advanced Greek gamblers. Giropay is a German-based Internet payments system, which is pretty similar to iDEAL. Paying with Giropay is secure, familiar to users of internet banking, and handled via the user’s banking environment, which means it’s available only to users having access to their banking cards.
The listed casinos have plenty of e-payment options: for example, you can find online casinos accepting UnionPay – an expanding Chinese payment system.
Debit and PrePaid Options
Despite not all Greeks have access to banking systems, casinos that accept Visa debit are one of the most popular choices for Greece gamblers. For sure, if you are looking to play casino accepting Mastercard will be accepted as well. The payment procedure is very simple:
- The client pays with Visa or Mastercard.
- The payment is authenticated and the transaction is submitted.
- The bank authorizes the payment and routes it to the gambler’s account.
Note that online casino debit card withdrawal procedure may take up to a few days to be completed.
Due to the relatively low banking penetration rate, most online purchases are completed with prepaid cards – scratch cards with disposable codes that the user utilized to replenish his or her balance in the online casino. Prepaid cards that work with online casinos can be convenient for a player willing his expenses, as he or she wouldn’t be able to spend more money than the scratch card contains.
Online Gambling Laws in Greece
The laws for Internet gambling in Greece have been constantly changed since 2011, while OPAP – a local betting and lottery operator with government’s share in it – has been given a significant advantage over private and foreign operators. That is why the lion’s share of the best Greece gambling sites are registered in other countries. It’s worth noting that up to the date, the Greek online gambling scene is poorly regulated, and there’s no absolute confidence in the recent amendments to come into force. Being, in fact, the only lottery and betting operator, OPAP is now suing the state for invalidating its online sports betting license that was issued by HGC (Hellenic Gaming Commission) in 2014. According to Greece’s Council of State, the HGC allowed OPAP to circumvent the licensing process that all private operators had to undergo at the time. The latest draft on gambling online in Greece by Greece’s Ministry of Development and Investment states the following:
- An online gambling operator has to pay a corporate tax of 35% on its gross income.
- € 3 million to be eligible for obtaining online sports betting license; € 2 million – to be eligible for becoming a casino operator.
- Licensed are valid for 7 years. In case the casino wants to prolong the license for another 7 years, it has to pay the same fee and inform the HGC a year in advance.
- Valid online casinos must operate in the “a.gr” domain and all the servers must be located in Greece.
- All the gambling data must be stored for 10 years so that the HGC can check it if necessary. The operators blacklisted by the HGC do not have a permit to operate in the Greece gambling market.
There are no restrictions as to the list of permitted online gambles. Though not many legit online gambling sites in Greece are able to endure the harsh tax burden, there are 24 online operators which were licensed back in 2011. Their licenses will be valid until 31 March 2020, whereas any operator failed to re-apply will have to terminate its work within a month after the new legislation comes into force. The history of Greece internet gambling shows that typically, Greece governments were reluctant to implement previous ‘drafts’. Though the acting government has proved to perform better, whether further amendments will take place is still an open question. In this time of changes, the only proven and riskless way to get access to legal online gambling in Greece is to play in one of the international gambling institutions open to Greek gamblers.
Greece Casinos FAQ
Is online gambling legal in Greece?
- Yes, online gambling is legal and provided by licensed legal gaming institutions. However, Greece has been having a state monopoly for years and, though some drafts on regulation are written, hasn’t yet managed to change it. That is why the best online gambling sites in Greece are registered in offshore zones. This gives both owners and players a number of privileges, including reduced taxation, less strict requirements to audit, etc. But make no mistake – every top best online casino of our shortlist is a credible, safe, and generous institution that takes care of its players.
What Greece deposit methods should I use?
- Top Greece online casinos support a plethora of deposit options – from classic debit and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard) to t e-wallets, such as PayPal, Skrill, Giropay, and iDEAL. To choose the best deposit option, navigate to the correspondent section of your casino and check what deposit options it supports, and then link your card or e-wallet to your account. Depending on the payment system, you may have to wait for some time until the deposit is credited to your account.
Do I have to download the casino software?
- With inbuilt no-download software, Greek casinos do not require players to download the software. According to Greece online casino reviews and our personal experience, Greek casinos operate smoothly and error-free right in the browser. No matter the operating system of your PC or mobile, you can play online in your browser.
Are there safe Greece mobile casinos?
- Yes, Greek mobile casinos are completely safe, which is proved by the firsthand experience of our team. All the best online betting sites in Greece collected by our team support mobile gambling. In fact, gambling via a mobile phone is no different to gambling via PC. The only tangible difference is a better visual implementation and design of some mobile games. You do not have to download mobile software, though most gambling venues provide this option.
Can I play with Euro (EUR)?
- Since EUR has been an official national currency in Greece since 1 January 2002, any online casino for Greece players accepts EUR deposits, while some gambling venues provide extended deposit options.
What is the gambling age in Greece?
- Online casinos in Greece accept players over the age of 21. To make sure you comply with the age regulations of the casino, check its jurisdiction, as the age requirements may vary.