When searching for a domesticated online casino Austria seems to be one of the most favorable options among European casinos. Draconic to foreign gambling businesses and endorsing local ones, Austria formed the gaming monopoly, which may be good or not, depending on the kind of gambling operator you are looking for.
The best domestic Internet betting institutions belong to Österreichische Lotterien GmbH, which has been granted the only available license for games of chance back in 2012 and for long 17 years. However, many players prefer international gambling sites even though the latter has to overcome considerable obstacles to be available to Austrian residents. Since the Austrian legal intricacies are intricate for most gamblers, we have manually selected top institutions and make up a list of all online casinos. The list is based on experts’ reviews, the experience of our team, legal nuances, support availability, and other criteria.
Best Austria Online Casino Sites 2023
|200% up to $2000||Read Review||True Fortune||247+||
|100% up to $300 + 150 FS||Read Review||Playamo||8481+||
Cherry Gold Casino Online
|250% up to $2500||Read Review||Cherry Gold Casino Online||284+||
Zodiac Casino Online
|$480 + 80 FS||Read Review||Zodiac Casino Online||755+||
Yukon Gold Casino
|150$ + 150 FS||Read Review||Yukon Gold Casino||687+||
|€/$2500 + 250 FS||Read Review||King Billy||6656+||
Captain Cooks Casino
|$500 + 100 FS||Read Review||Captain Cooks Casino||727+||
|C$7500 + 550 FS||Read Review||Rickycasino||5136+||
|255%||Read Review||Wild Vegas||257+||
|2 Sweeps Coins||Read Review||Chumba||64+||
How We Rate & Review Austrian Online Gambling Sites?
If you are looking for a reliable European online casino Austria is a worthwhile selection, even though it imposes a limitation on foreign gambling businesses. The top 10 Austria online casinos are the best Austria online casinos available on local and international markets.
All the best online gambling sites in Austria were checked by our team of experts and proved to be reliable, safe, responsive, and fast. The criteria below will help you to understand more about how we rank the best online betting sites in Austria.
- License. First off, top Austria online casinos must be licensed by either the Federal Minister of Finance or competent government authority (for betting and sports/horse racing). All Austria gambling sites, as well as Austria casinos online, must comply with the Austrian Gambling Act and its obligatory rule of having a land-based presence in the country. The tricky thing is that many Austria online casinos (except for the casinos belonging to the monopoly) are limited to only ‘social’ and ‘skill’ gambling, which is why even advanced Austria online casinos have to outwit the government in order to be able to operate. The casinos that act in accordance with the Austrian legislation are ranked higher in our list of casino Austria online. For millions of international and Austria players casino is the best way to embark on a thrilling gambling adventure, as pleasant and lucrative as it can be.
- Casino Games Variety. Austria online casino reviews show that the more games the casino offers the greater the level of involvement amidst players. Taking this into account, we collected top Austria casinos with the widest range of gambles. Slot machines, poker, baccarat, and many other gambles are available in state-of-the-art online casinos in Austria.
- Reliable Casino Software. Any honorable online casino for Austria players uses the latest no-download software, which allows gamesters to enjoy their favorite gambles right in their browsers. The software is compatible with all operating systems. Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming and other world leaders do their best to ensure a thrilling gambling experience to their fans.
- Jackpots. We recommend you to gamble online with real money as long as you comprehend the game in a no deposit free bonus casino because the money mode with its hilarious Jackpots is what gambling is about for most punters. Be it a casino online Austria or an international one, Jackpot is what really matters.
- Mobile Compatibility. Most Austria online gambling sites are mobile-compatible, so you can enjoy gambling on mobile from anywhere. When playing casino smartphone is the most convenient device.
- Casino Bonuses. Online Austria casinos treat their best players with free spins, tournaments, promotions, and other goodies. Ongoing promotions are typically highlighted on the homepage.
- Convenient Payment Options. A decent Austria casino online must support several payment options such as credit cards (Visa, MasterCard), e-wallets, and crypto. The presence of vast deposit and payment options signifies the flexibility of an online casino in Austria.
- Security Issues. When choosing an online casino Austria legal nuances, as well as security issues, must be taken into account. If any security issues occur, the best casino in Austria reacts immediately and informs the player about further steps.
- Customer Support. Live casino dealers online must react to the player’s request in time and process it scrupulously. Pay attention to the responsiveness of the casino when choosing an Austria casino online.
- VIP Programs. VIP casino players are treated individually. The requirements for becoming a VIP gambler vary depending on the casino level and sometimes the game itself.
Banking Options for Austria Players
According to the survey on Austrian methods of payment, half the Austrian people prefer credit cards over other payment methods. However, the most progressive gamblers tend to choose e-wallets and cryptocurrency payments, predominantly bitcoin. Below are the most preferable but not the only payment options among Austrian gamblers. Check the available payment methods in the corresponding section of the casino and don’t hesitate to ask customer support for help.
E-wallets allow depositing without involving a physical card. E-wallets usually work with users’ online banking details.
- SOFORT. With an average of 3 million monthly transactions, SOFORT – a Pan-European payment system based in Germany – is one of the most popular banking-based payment options among Austrians. SOFORT is proven to be one of the most reliable online deposit and payment methods for gamblers having access to their online banking system. To deposit money into your account via SOFORT, you have to log in to your bank account and authorize the payment. The immediate payment confirmation will be sent to the casino, and the funds will be credited to your account. Apart from Austria, SOFORT is supported in Germany, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Netherland, and Slovakia. Plenty of SOFORT casino sites are shortlisted by our team.
- EPS. Electronic Payment Standard is an Austrian-based governmental online transfer system. Among its benefits are the support by all Austrian banks, guaranteed payment delivery, and fast settlement of issues. To deposit with EPS, choose it from the list of available payment methods, select your bank, and confirm the payment in your online banking.
- Skrill. Skrill is another popular payment choice, though it has certain limitations, such as the requirement for authentication to boost transaction limits and possible delays with transfers to bank accounts. Skrill casino deposit works best for low-stake players, as no authentication required in this case.
Debit and Prepaid Options
Casinos that accept Visa debit and casino MasterCard are on top of the game. Austrian punters love classic payment methods for their simplicity. You can deposit funds via Visa or Mastercard by using a land-based terminal or your online banking cabinet. When paying with your local currency, make sure you are aware of the commissions charged by the bank. Visa and Mastercard payments can take a few days. Typically, any payment via Visa or MasterCard is reduced to three simple steps:
- Logging in to your account.
- Authenticating and submitting your transfer.
- Payment authorizing and completing.
Our shortlist also contains online casinos accepting UnionPay, a popular Chinese payment method, and casino accepting bitcoin, a leading cryptocurrency. When making a payment with bitcoin, make sure to set the correct transaction fee, as otherwise the payment may be delayed. Also, note that the completion of BTC payment required a few network confirmations, which takes time, usually about 15–30 minutes.
Prepaid cards aren’t too popular among Austrian gamblers. However, you can still use the scratch card with a disposable code to make a deposit. Prepaid cards may help you to cut your expenses, as you won’t be able to spend more funds than your card allows.
Online Gambling Laws in Austria
Speaking of Austria internet gambling regulations, we should first mention that, as a part of the European Union, the state must comply with the fundamental freedoms provided by the EU, including the freedom to provide services, which should have excluded the possibility of any monopoly. With that said, Austrian gambling is pretty monopolized and overcomplicated.
Is gambling legal in Austria? To be eligible to offer online gambling services, not only the company must be located in Austria, but it is also limited to ‘games of chance’ only. The federal Gambling Act (GSpG) defines the following casino games as ‘games of chance’ (or ‘electronic lotteries’):
- Optical roulette.
- Two aces.
Legal online gambling in Austria is possible only in the licensed casinos, which are exclusively Austrian casinos. Providing that the Federal Minister of Finance can only issue a single 15-year valid license for lotteries, and it has already been granted to Österreichische Lotterien GmbH in October 2012, no other company can be licensed until 2027.
The good news is that the Gambling Act doesn’t assume any payment or IP blocking of Internet gambling in Austria, which is why the best Austria gambling sites, even though they may circumvent the law, are still safe for players. The same applies to online betting, sports/horse races, which are regulated by the competent government authorities in 9 federal states. Online betting and sports/horse race operators can be licensed only if they have physical servers in the respective province. Moreover, advertising of any European casino or any other non-domestic casino is also forbidden, while legit online gambling sites in Austria can provide their services to Austrian residents only.
The main objectives of the Federal Ministry of Finance are to prevent players’ addition, consequential crime committed by addicts, as well as protect the youth, customers and guarantee the financial stability of the gambling market, identifying pyramid schemes. Although these goals sound great on paper, they lead to the fact that international gambling companies have either to act within the Austrian legal field or may even be completely banned from execution within Austria. It occurs that breaking the national monopoly on online betting and games of chance is almost impossible, especially for third-party online institutions, although many of them continue to operate while ignoring the Austrian legislation. Gambling online in Austria may be risky, which is why we strongly recommend you to use only the time-tested casinos from our list.
Austria Casinos FAQ
🥇 Is online gambling legal in Austria?
- Yes, online gambling is legal in Austria. However, it’s pretty monopolized, and most licenses belong to domestic operators. While Austria keeps its tight grip on the gambling field, preventing EU operators from entering the local market, there are still credible, trusted casinos that either operate legally or outflank the Austrian legislation. Any top best online casino from our shortlist guarantees you an impeccable gambling experience.
🥇 What Austria deposit methods should I use?
- The deposit method is chosen individually and depends on your whereabouts. Whether you are inclined towards using e-wallets (SOFORT, EPS, Skrill), credit cards (Visa, MasterCard) or cryptocurrencies (bitcoin), you will be able to use them at the finest casinos from the list. The most popular Austrian currency is EUR, but other options are equally supported.
🥇 Do I have to download casino software?
- No, you do not have to download any software to gamble at the best online casinos. The no-download software grants you an unparalleled gambling experience right from your browser. It is proven to be reliable after successfully passing a number of tests by our experts. The no-download software supports all operating systems.
🥇 Are there safe Austria mobile casinos?
- First of all, desktop and mobile gambling are interoperable, which means you can switch between a mobile and a desktop version of your favorite gambling game. Secondly, mobile games are no different from their desktop predecessors with the only exception of an improved user interface. Developers scrupulously check their software and update it if any bugs revealed, so you don’t have to worry about the reliability of Austrian mobile casinos.
🥇 Can I play with Euro (EUR)?
- EUR is the most popular currency in Austrian casinos. Apart from EUR, you can play with USD, bitcoin, and other currencies. To choose the best deposit option, pay attention to the fees and the estimated time of deposit completion (for example, Visa and Mastercard deposits may take a while; BTC deposits can be delayed in case the network is stuck or if you’ve set a low transaction fee).
🥇 What is the gambling age in Austria?
- According to the Austrian Gambling Act, the admissible age for gambling in Austria is 18, and it can be reduced to 16 for the lotteries run by the lottery monopoly.