Debit cards are the most widely accepted payment method at both online and land-based casinos all over the world. Because of its fast transfer speeds, high security, and quick access to funds, they have become incredibly popular with gambling enthusiasts who use it as their preferred payment and withdrawal option.
There are dozens of online betting sites that accept debit cards, making it much easier for them to withdraw money. It’s clear to see why so many players prefer to gamble using this method.
In this article you will find out about:
- What debit cards are and the types of debit cards that are accepted by online casinos.
- How to make a deposit/withdrawal by using this payment method.
- We will talk about fees and transaction limits.
- Pros and cons of using debit cards as well as provide some alternatives.
Playing at Top Online Casinos That Accept Debit Cards – 2022
|$2500 + 40 FS||Read Review||El Royale||222+|
|$2250 / 35 FS||Read Review||Red Dog||260+|
|250% + 55 FS||Read Review||Raging Bull||30+|
Cherry Gold Casino Online
|250% up to $2500||Read Review||Cherry Gold Casino Online||180+|
What Are Debit Cards?
This payment method has revolutionized the way we pay for items, whether in person or online. It is linked to a bank account and enables the cardholder to make quick payments.
Your bank-issued debit cards combine the functions of an ATM card and a credit card. One difference between a credit and a debit card is that the latter connects directly to your bank account and uses the balance to pay your transaction or withdrawal.
Debit cards work in collaboration with leading financial companies like Visa and MasterCard to allow users to pay everywhere those brands are accepted.Similar to credit cards, they have a personal identification number (PIN) that confirms the cardholder’s identity. Your transaction is approved once the bank verifies that you have sufficient funds to make a purchase.
If you have funds in a backup account, your account may be permitted to go into overdraft. However, in order to spend money, you must have funds in your bank account.
Modern encryption technology is used by online casinos with debit card processing to make sure that the information input on the debit cards casinos site remains confidential. It’s also a safe choice for mobile transactions because the code may be entered directly from the device.
They have made it really simple and convenient to deposit and withdraw money from an online casino thanks to mobile apps and internet banking.
Types of Debit Cards Accepted by Online Casinos
While the majority of the top online casinos accept two of the most popular debit card companies, Visa and MasterCard, there are many other alternatives that are available to use and that are recognized in this industry. Your choice of a payment operator may depend on your country of residence and that of your bank.
The most significant differences between payment companies are transaction speed, banking services fees, and deposit or withdrawal limits. Some of the most common options for online gamblers are presented in the list below.
- Visa. This is the biggest brand, accepted all around the world.
- MasterCard. This is the world’s second-largest supplier, with global recognition and presence.
- Interac. In Canada, this system is widely utilized, and dozens of Canadian casinos accept it as well.
- Girocard/EC card. German gamblers rely on this payment network, which is partnered with Visa and MasterCard online casinos.
- RuPay. This Indian-based issuer is also available in Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, and a number of other countries.
Also, certain casinos will accept deposits made with prepaid debit cards. Customers can get them via banks, eWallets, and other financial institutions. These function similarly to gift cards, except that funds can be reloaded an unlimited number of times. Prepaid debit cards are advantageous to gamblers since they help them stay within their budget, and their transactions are recorded on a different bank account.
Debit cards allow gamblers to make fast withdrawals or deposits into their casino accounts without having to create multiple accounts. These are some of the greatest, if not the best, online payment methods since they offer all of this while being absolutely safe.
How to make a deposit using debit cards
Financing your casino account using a debit card comes with the advantage of allowing you to deposit funds from anywhere at any time, which is why many online gamblers prefer this way of payment. Players can now manage their deposit accounts with a mobile app or directly from online casinos that accept Visa. Following these simple and easy instructions, you can deposit cash into your account using a debit card.
- Make an account at an online betting site that accepts debit cards. You can do this by clicking the “register” button on your online casino website.
- After entering your personal information and successfully creating an account, you should click on the “deposit” option.
- Look through the casino’s available payment options and select the Visa/MasterCard payment method. Supply the necessary information. This information can be found on your cards like the cardholder’s name, number, and expiry date.
- Choose your deposit amount. You should enter how much money you want to be funded into your online casino account. Double-check that you have put in your desired amount.
- Verify the payment. A unique code is required for every transaction made for security reasons.
The minimum deposit amount varies from casino to casino but in most cases, it is in the region of $5-$20.
How to Withdraw From a Casino Using Debit Cards
Visa and MasterCard are extensively used online casino debit card withdrawal methods for online gambling enthusiasts due to their reputation as secure and speedy payment options. Debit cards are without a doubt one of the greatest withdrawal options for gaming, and you can withdraw your funds using the instructions provided below.
- Log into your account on your favorite online casino site.
- Click on the “cash-out” button which will take you to the withdrawal page.
- Select the Visa or other payout option.
- Type in the desired withdrawal amount.
- Verify your identity. This step is a security measure to confirm that there isn’t any malicious activity on your account.
- Wait for the confirmation of the transfer. On average, the wait time is 3-5 business days, once the withdrawal request is approved. Some casinos offer instant options, which only take about two hours.
This withdrawal method is a favorite of many gambling fans and for a good reason. The payout time is a great plus, but nothing beats not having to worry about your money being deposited, and feeling secure.
Debit Cards Fees and Transactions Limits
Debit cards are one of the most secure and cost-effective payment options available in the online casino sector. In most situations, the bank does not charge a transaction fee, and membership fees are paid annually.
Nonetheless, some casinos charge transaction fees anytime a player deposits or withdrawals money. Although not common in most casinos, it is worth highlighting. If you have any issues concerning the casino’s withdrawal and deposit policies, you should contact the casino directly and request clarification.
The minimum deposit amount varies based on the casino. Most casinos have a $5-$20 minimum deposit, but as previously stated, this varies by casino, so do your research before deciding on one.
The maximum withdrawal amount is also determined by the casino, and it’s typically between $1,000 and $5,000. If you have the casino’s authorization, you could be able to get bigger payouts.
Pros and Cons of Using Debit Cards at Online Casinos
Deposit with debit cards may not have the same privileges as top credit card casinos, but there are still some significant advantages to utilizing this payment option at online casinos. Here are a few advantages of using this them to pay on gaming platforms. Although these payments are convenient and quick, there are a few things to keep in mind when using them at debit card game casinos. So, let’s go over some of the potential shortcomings that you can encounter when relying on this method.
Debit Cards Alternatives
While this is undoubtedly one of the most popular deposit and withdrawal options in the online gambling industry, many gamblers choose to use other means to make casino payments. Apart from debit cards, the following are some of the most popular options:
1️⃣ Can I Use My Debit Card for Online Gambling?
- Yes. The majority of online casinos that accept debit card payments are available in countries where internet gambling is legal. When it comes to casinos, practically all of them accept debit cards for deposits and withdrawals. If you’re wondering whether or not your debit card allows online gambling, check with your issuing company or bank.
2️⃣t What Countries Can Use Credit Cards At Casinos?
- You can use your credit card for gambling at a casino in most of the world’s countries. In countries like the United Kingdom, using credit cards for gambling is not allowed from 2020. If you are unsure, please check with your operator if your credit card is allowed in your country. In general this is not a preferred method or way to handle these transactions, and that’s ultimately a good thing. It’s not advisable to rely on this method, given other more efficient options that are less likely to compromise your finances.
3️⃣ Can I Use My Debit Card on a Slot Machine?
- Yes. Most well-known debit cards allow online gambling play and slot machines are no exception. Debit cards are even one of the most popular options for payment for slots as they are quick and efficient.